On 2019/03/22 16:05, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:
> Hello Stuart,
>
> On 22/03/2019 15:16, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>
> [...]
> > Diff on top of yours.
> >
> > - fix fetches
> >
> > - it's c++ so use COMPILER
>
> Just for my comprehension, could you please elaborate a bit (or point me to
> the relevant manpage)?

On arches which still use GCC as the system compiler, a huge number of ports
need to use the newer version of the compiler in ports, rather than the
pre-c++11 one in base.

Rather than playing whack-a-mole to fix breakage on those arches, and to
avoid conflicts between the different C++ standard libraries for base and
ports compilers, we're building everything using C++ with ports-gcc unless
they're on the path to building ports-gcc itself.

It's not ideal (especially because it's easily forgotten) but I don't have
a better idea how to improve it yet..