Last week an update to apache-httpd was released which fixes an important
security issue. I updated a number of servers right away, but after receiving
some traffic they started to produce SSL errors. I've tried to debug this as
far as I could and have come to the conclusion that it only happens when using
mpm_event_module. My configs are default, but I enable SSL and switch to the
evented MPM. For certificates I use Let's Encrypt (using acme-client). ab
prints the following errors.

SSL handshake failed (1).
140321585887104:error:0407008A:rsa
routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:invalid padding:crypto/rsa/rsa_pk1.c:66:
140321585887104:error:04067072:rsa routines:rsa_ossl_public_decrypt:padding
check failed:crypto/rsa/rsa_ossl.c:655:
140321585887104:error:1416D07B:SSL routines:tls_process_key_exchange:bad
signature:ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:2414:

Web browsers show an error also, but some refreshing sometimes fixes the
problem. Is anybody else able to reproduce this? Can I do anything to help
resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Frank