Hi Charlene,

On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 10:03:06PM +0200, Charlene Wendling wrote:
> I've tested it on macppc.

Thanks so much! Appreciated.

> Please consider evaluating this diff, as it is currently in CVS,
> libcdio won't build with ports-gcc-8.
>
> Due to bugs existing before that update and
> ports that can't be built on this platform, i can't really give an OK.
> I've no objections though.

I'm going to propose that we do the following:
 - Get Paco's cmus update in.
 - Revise cmus for the new libcdio.
 - Apply this patch:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libcdio.git/commit/?id=3c1eff03a256ab47bb79f439bfc478664e3fe917
 - Review and commit.

I think your testing is as good as an OK, as the old libcdio is blocking
compiler-related stuff, and no one else has stepped up to test the new
libcdio.

Afterwards we can speak with upstream about your white-noise issues.
There's a couple of people there who I bet would have some ideas.

Thanks again.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett