frantisek holop - Sun, 12 May 2019 at 14:13:37
> Giovanni Bechis - Sat, 11 May 2019 at 09:55:46
> > You should run mysql_upgrade after every major update, other than that
> > it's best practice to update your slave mysql server before the
> > master.
>
> and minor as well, from the man page:
>
>       You should execute mysql_upgrade each time you upgrade MySQL.
>

> I think pkg_add -u should actually run that, or at least mention it
> after the package was upgraded.

well, come to think of it it's not easy to run it automatically unless
there is a .my.cnf somewhere for some user with the "root" user and it's
password.

but i think a post upgrade message along the lines of
"dont forget to run `doas -u _mysql mysql_upgrade -u root -p`"
would be nice.

-f