On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 09:11:37AM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
> I work a lot with Anders to keep pcc working on OpenBSD. Current checkouts
> of the pcc and pcc-libs CVS trees compile out of the box on OpenBSD.
> A couple things:
> 1. New ports are traditionally sent as tarballs, not a collection of diffs.
> 2. pcc-libs should really live under the lang/pcc port. Maybe it's time to
> move lang/pcc to lang/pcc/pcc and add lang/pcc/pcc-libs. See lang/flang for
> an example.

So, here I send a diff to to move lang/pcc to lang/pcc/pcc and send a
tarball with lang/pcc/pcc-libs?

> 3. You really need to use something more recent than pcc-1.1.0. That's
> already 5 years old and a lot has changed since then.
> 4. Your patches to pcc mean that the whole pcc-libs port is useless, since
> you told pcc never to use -lpcc.

That's weird, I took those patches from this mail:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=144638455327551&w=2
And there Fred didn't say that these patches are ment to not use -lpcc,
intead he just gave an error message "ld: cannot find -lpcc"

I feel like I made an error by not researching where DEFLIBS is used.