On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 8:39 PM Andrew Hewus Fresh <and...@afresh1.com>
wrote:
> What's most important though is knowing what a Haskell port's Makefile
> should look like.  We also need an API that we can use to query for the
> distfile name[1] and a way to figure out the dependencies, preferably
> via some sort of API, but doing it by querying the package can also
> work.

Stackage snapshots may be the best bet as they seem to have consistent
versioned snapshots:
https://www.stackage.org/lts-13.24

> The actual language specific bits should be relatively simple, mostly
> just converting from the metadata we gather to the correct variables to
> put into the Makefile.

 I spent some quality time with Haskell ports recently so I have partial
knowledge.

> I'm sure there will be some special problems to solve because of version
> numbers or some other thing that nobody can agree on, but it looks like
> https://hackage.haskell.org/api should work, although I can't figure out
> how to get it to give my JSON, although it says it will.

Something like this works for some APIs thought I didn't figure out enough
to make me confident it is sufficient:
$ curl -H'Accept: application/json'
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ACME/preferred; echo
{"normal-version":["0.0.0.1","0.0.0.0"]}

Let me see if I have enough gumption to wade back into Perl...

Thanks
Greg
--
nest.cx is Gmail hosted, use PGP: