Ping

Would this have been better sent to bugs@ ?

On April 25, 2019 09:04:05 Edward Lopez-Acosta <elopezaco...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not sure if this is a bug or expected, but figured I would ask.

In both cases below I have multiple, differing repositories configured
in PKG_PATH, and the ansible package is used only as an example, but
applys to any package.

In my case the repos differ due to packages being available in a repo
that are not in the official ports tree.

When I run `pkg_info -Q` it seems to only search the first repo. So if I
search for `ansible` and it is not in the first repo listed in $PKG_PATH
then no results are returned even if it exists in the next.

This is more odd that when I run `pkg_add ansible` if found in the
second repository it works, unless it is in both. The package existing
in both repositories causes the first to get installed even if the
package in the second repository is newer. Furthermore, if a dependency
of the package in repository A is in repo B then the dependency is
properly resolved and installed as expected.

I am curious if this is expected behavior or a bug? I did try to look at
the code myself, and previously tried reaching out to espie@ himself,
but did not make progress.

Any help/feedback is appreciated with this, and thanks in advance.