On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 11:29:37PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2019/06/25 00:06, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > Logically obvious to me; any reasons not to do it?
>
> Yes - "make patch" may have failed but you still want to update files
> for whichever of the patches *did* manage to get applied.
Fair enough,thanks.  I probably never ran into this because I either try
fixing patches before running `update-patches' or move them aside to
clean, apply and fix them one by one.

As for the alias, that's what I wanted to avoid.  I'd prefer our
framework to provide comprehensive tooling and targets so developers
do not have to augment their environment that much, although such an
alias really isn't much either.