Well, Charlene wrote the diff and can commit it. :)

>> I'm not sure if this should really be built if there is truly no
>> hardware that's compatible... The alternative would excluding PPC and
>> maybe a few other arches that are known to not work with any
>> compatible hardware.
>
> Well, there are 2 problems in fact:
>
> - the one i address here is for all base-gcc archs, not macppc only
> - but in fact most of these archs have no vulkan capable video cards
>
> As far as macppc is concerned, all G4 system are AGP-based so no amdgpu
> for them, hence no vulkan.
>
> Some G5 ones have PCI-Express and the best upgrade official upgrade you
> could get is a Radeon X1900 that doesn't as well. I'm not sure more
> modern third party cards are available.
>
> CC'ing Jeremie and Kurt, as i don't know how sparc64 is doing in this
> regard.
>
> I guess it should be only for x86* and arm* in the end.

Consumers should be taken into account.  I can imagine some ports using
vulkan-loader unconditionally at build time, try to use it at runtime
and fallback on another backend if vulkan-loader doesn't work.  If you
use NOT_FOR_ARCHS in vulkan-loader, said ports won't even get a chance
to build even though runtime might be ok.  Those are only guesses.

There are no such ports right now; vkquake supposedly has a hard
requirement on vulkan-loader.  But such ports might pop up in the
future, so I'd prefer vulkan-loader to be available on all arches.

ok jca@ for the COMPILER line, I'm not sure the "Thread Local Storage"
comment makes sense since you're not only addressing a TLS problem.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE