On 22/07/2019 06:36, Pavel Korovin wrote:
> On 07/20, Nigel Taylor wrote:
>> I can get past the sinfo.h error, treeprs.ads and osnames errors, but
>> there are more afterwards. Too many errors to fix by hand.
>>
>> The problem I think lies in opening files for writing when they don't
>> exist, it fails to create an empty file. So I manually touch sinfo.h to
>> create the empty file. Same for other missing files.
>>
>> Add env FLAVOR=no_ada to the make or if using dpb lang/gcc/8,no_ada
>>

>> Not sure where the error is could be with the ada bootstrap file, needs
>> regenerating.
>
> The same problem here, please find the diff for gcc8 attached.

I've done much the same already, but the resulting gnat package is
broken. The diff gets around the problem of building, but not the fact
the runtime produced is then broken.

That is the ada Create fails to work when the file is missing

sinfo/xsinfo.adb:      Create (Ofile, Out_File, "sinfo.h");

As no other packages use ada, to build the my set of packages, the
no_ada flavor can be used. Building a non working gnat package only
helps others looking into the problem. Not for general release.

While the diff helps and thanks very much, just don't anyone put it into
CVS. Don't use unless you understand the gnat runtime package will still
be broken. The ada runtime/OpenBSD needs fixing for amd64, not the
building of the package. If the runtime needs fixing a new bootstrap
will be required.