On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 10:50:29AM -0400, Daniel Dickman wrote:

> > On Aug 7, 2019, at 5:29 AM, Paul Irofti <p...@irofti.net> wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 12:11:19AM +0300, Paul Irofti wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Here is the shockingly missing port for py-scikit-learn. It is an older
> >> version. The last to support python2.7. I plan on updating to 21.3
> >> afterwards, but that needs some other updates to numpy and scipy.
>
> Can share more details of what exactly is needed? I have diffs in the works
> for both of these.

I thought numpy needed an update because of the deprecated API warnings
during scikit-learn build. But I was mistaken.

> >> The current incarnation is done by robert@. I had a much more convoluted
> >> version that did not work and depended on the Atlas math library (also
> >> missing from OpenBSD) to be available. I plan on adding that as an
> >> optimization in the future. I can also take maintainership of this if
> >> Robert doesn't want to.
> >>
> >> This would be very helpful to have for my Uni work, so OKs? :)
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Paul
> >
> > Updated to match kmos@ comments and changes to py-joblib.
> > <py-scikit-learn.tgz>
>
> I’m in favor of getting scikit-learn into the tree.

I think we can work the details inside the tree. scikit-learn has an
infinity of regression tests and we will probably fail at some. I plan
to improve the port with Atlas support and perhaps OpenMP. But first I
need to be able to boot into OpenBSD on a daily basis again :)