On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 05:25:04PM +0200, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 03:30:01PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Hi Landry,
> >
> > Thanks for this update!
>
> [...]
>
> > I noticed the panel flickering a lot until I disabled the compositor in "wi=
> > ndow
> > manager tweaks".
>
> Hi,
>
> I guess you are using the modesetting driver in X.
>
> Can you try to change vlank mode to 'xpresent':
>
> xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/vblank_mode -s xpresent
>
> And restart your session ?

same thing for me on x200s and x1c3 with modesetting driver and
compositing enabled, and forcing xpresent fixed it - thanks matthieu for
the hint, it's actually documented upstream in
https://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/tree/COMPOSITOR?h=master#n114 so i'll
refer users to that page in the README.

Landry