On 2019/09/17 09:59, Eric Auge wrote:
> then maybe GOPROXY=off (along side GOSUMDB=off otherwise the sumdb is
> consulted over the net too)? as described in the go documentation (go
> help modules / go help module-auth):
>
> module:
> Setting GOPROXY to "off" disallows downloading modules from any
> source. Otherwise, GOPROXY is expected to be a comma-separated list of
> the URLs of module proxies, in which case the go command will fetch
> modules from those proxies.
>
> sum db:
> If GOSUMDB is set to "off", or if "go get" is invoked with the
> -insecure flag, the checksum database is not consulted

I didn't know about that option, but testing it, I prefer the error message
with what I committed, it's way more obvious what the problem is.

"module lookup disabled by GOPROXY=off"

-vs-

"invalid proxy URL scheme (must be https, http, file):
invalid://ports.should.not.fetch.at.buildtime/"

(though I think with GO111MODULE=off we probably won't see it anyway).