Hi,

I'm a user of OpenBSD on a couple of my machines and I'd like to use
my Epson Expression Home XP 342 printer directly with them. The
printer is wireless and so doesn't need a USB driver.

I found this thread[1] on the list from a long time ago (January 2014)
where someone helped Maurice Mcarthy get his Epson Stylus SX205
working by providing a port called print/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr.

It seems to be an OpenBSD version of the FreeBSD
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr port[2] but I can't find any reference to
this port in the OpenBSD ports CVS repository so I wonder was it
something somebody created privately or was it removed for a reason?

My printer is supported by version 1.6.9 of the Epson ESC/P-R driver
onwards and as far as I can tell is not supported by Gutenprint yet.

I would be happy to compile the driver from source myself but I was
unable to do this and I would rather use a port to make it easy to
install and remove.

Given some directions I might also be able to use the FreeBSD port if
it's a simple enough process to convert it.

Please could you tell me if this port is still available for recent
versions of OpenBSD? If not perhaps the older version might be updated
for OpenBSD 6.4 and recent printers?

Regards
Ed Gray (e.mask....@gmail.com) OpenBSD 6.4 user

Links: