amusing:
    Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 09:22:40 -0600.44999999999998863
(you can probably see that on this message if you look at the
headers).

I thought this might be related to the fact that I've got a
very old install with probably 15 years of cruft in it, but
I just did a new install on a different machine, and connected
it to my imap server and ...again, all my e-mail was two hours
off.  So I'm thinking it's Not Just Me, though I don't see other
complaints.

If, within Thunderbird, I go to:
  tools -> Developer Tools -> Error Console
and enter the command "Date()", it comes back with
the time/date two hours off and "GMT-0600 (GMT-06:00:27)", which
is consistent with what I see

Looking at the headers of sent e-mail, I see ... confusing stuff.
The .44999... stuff seems to have started between these two: