On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 05:18:03PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

Hello Klemens,

>       $ thunderbird
>       Abort trap (core dumped)

Having updated yesterday, I see exactly this and gdb also confirms that it's
borking on the call to clock_gettime.

The problem seems to be that the port's files/all-openbsd.js is out of date
(or incomplete or ...).  If you look at the relevant bit of the code [1] you
can see that it's trying to read the preferences for
security.sandbox.pledge.main or security.sandbox.pledge.content, but the
Thunderbird port defines neither. mozilla-firefox does however, so I simply
copied these lines from mozilla-firefox's files/all-openbsd.js:

  pref("security.sandbox.pledge.main","stdio rpath wpath cpath inet proc exec
prot _exec flock ps sendfd recvfd dns vminfo tty drm unix fattr getpw mcast
video");
  pref("security.sandbox.pledge.content","stdio rpath wpath cpath inet recvfd
send fd prot_exec unix drm ps");

to /usr/local/lib/thunderbird/defaults/pref/all-openbsd.js and Thunderbird
started working happily again.

Whether Thunderbird needs such a wide set of pledges or not is a question
above my pay grade. At the very least this is a quick hack to get
Thunderbird working again on OpenBSD and, perhaps, a useful pointer to
someone who understands this beast better than I do as to what a long-term
fix might be!

Laurie

[1] https://dxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/dom/ipc/ContentChild.cpp#3938
--