On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 08:54:15AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > Aha! It does seem to be device specific. I realized that I had a blue
> > U2F token and when that's plugged in, I get the same error as you.
>
> I don't think this is a reason to hold off committing, I'm happy enough
> to add this now and improve later in-tree.
>
> Updated tgz with a better DESCR (see below) and fixed deps is OK sthen.
>
> $ cat pkg/DESCR
> Provides library functionality for communicating with a FIDO device
> over USB as well as verifying attestation and assertion signatures.
> This library aims to support the FIDO U2F and FIDO 2.0 protocols for
> communicating with a USB authenticator via the Client-to-Authenticator
> Protocol (CTAP 1 and 2). In addition to this low-level device access,
> classes defined in the fido2.client and fido2.server modules implement
> higher level operations which are useful when interfacing with an
> Authenticator, or when implementing WebAuthn support for a Relying
> Party.
>
> As warned by upstream, "This project is in beta. Expect things to
> change or break at any time!" - it is currently known not to work on
> OpenBSD with some device types.

Here's a slightly updated version. I removed the sysutils category and
added an examples directory. I think Greg or Klemens had asked about
those earlier. I skipped over the server directory from the examples
because it relied on pipenv, it wants to pull in flask, etc etc. If
someone is that interested, I trust they'll end up on the GitHub repo
anyway

Feedback?