On 2019-11-24 17:12, Brad Smith wrote:
Here is an update to VLC 3.0.8.

Please test.

Also needs build testing with ports-gcc.

This built fine on amd64. I tested it out by watching an episode of a cartoon encoded in h264 in an mkv container with aac audio as well as watching part of a bluray rip in vc1/m2ts with ac3 and dolby truehd audio. I also tried playing some free iptv channels I found on github (|https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.country.m3u|) In all cases, playback was flawless.

I tried using the new chromecast renderer functionality, and that however didn't work. When trying to cast, the "Renderer" selection just says "scanning" forever. I made sure that avahi, messagebus and multicast(4) were enabled and functioning when testing out the chromecasting function. The chromecast is visable when running "avahi-browse -a" and I can see the mdns packets coming in with tcpdump, but I see no traffic leaving the machine when VLC claims to be scanning for renderers to cast to. I may be missing something obvious here, as the chromecast functionality worked out of the box on Linux.

Cheers,

Jordan