On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 22:34:38 +0000
Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> On 2020/01/12 23:59, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
> > In the video, I see font rendering problems in the DrRacket REPL,
> > which is quite weird because the code editor and the menu work
> > fine. So, you have missing fonts, a broken config which renders
> > erroneously some glyphs or a broken lib. htdp uses the draw lib and
> > it uses cairo. If we had cairo/pango broken, we would see missing
> > glyphs everywhere. Racket doesn't use low level libs.
>
> I don't know Racket but given the mention of cairo/pango, pango 1.44+
> drops support for old-style bitmap (pcf) or type 1 fonts, which may
> be involved.

I though the same but deleting the config and font directories, and
restoring the user and global defaults, should fix the problem in that
case. He created a new user account and still had the same results, so
the problems are something global but I can't imagine where.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info