On 2020/01/28 22:34, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> Here's a Reddit client for your terminal.  From time to time it's nice
> to browse your favourite subreddit in a terminal^Wenvironment of your
> choice instead of a webbrowser.
>
> This port requires the recent devel/py-kitchen submission to work,
> otherwise it just works for me.
>
> tuir is surprisingly versatile and useful:  I could browse through
> subreddits and have it open videos, images and audio through available
> applications such as mpv and feh -- based on ~/.mailcap for which this
> port provides an excellent example.
>
> I don't have a reddit account so I cannot test login/post/etc.
>
> All tests pass except those that require networking.
>
> Since upstream's description^README.md is full of everything but a sound
> paragraph about what tuir is/does, I've wipped up the four-liner below.
>

> Feedback? OK?
>
> Information for inst:tuir-1.28.3
>
> Comment:
> terminal UI for Reddit

> A text-based interface (TUI) to view and interact with Reddit
> from your terminal.
>
> tuir supports mailcap for opening media links, color schemes, user login and
> persistent authentication;  all with extensive examples and documentation.
>
> Maintainer: Klemens Nanni <k...@openbsd.org>
>
> WWW: https://gitlab.com/ajak/tuir

py-kitchen:

- HOMEPAGE is dead, it's a toss-up between the github page which is
current but not very useful (https://github.com/fedora-infra/kitchen)
or https://pythonhosted.org/kitchen/ which is terribly out of date
but does actually have some readable docs.

- DESCR is not very informative. It could do with at least saying
the types of things the functions deal with (i18n, iterating over
objects, miscellaneous functions to deal with text and character
set conversion)..

tuir: one nit otherwise ok once kitchen is in:

> tuir supports mailcap for opening media links, color schemes, user login and
> persistent authentication;  all with extensive examples and documentation.

at first glance it reads like "mailcap for: opening media links, color
schemes, user login and persistent authentication" which doesn't make sense.
with different ordering it's easier to parse:

tuir supports color schemes, mailcap for opening media links, user login and
persistent authentication; all with extensive examples and documentation.