On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 03:43:06PM +0100, Caspar Schutijser wrote:
> Major changes besides that:
>  * Update to Tor Browser 9.0.4.
>  * Sync with www/firefox-esr: drop patches fixing build with rust 1.39.
>  * Add a second site to MASTER_SITES. Upstream removes distfiles of old
> versions once they release a new version of their software. The second
> site in MASTER_SITES then acts as a fallback.

Hello,

Tor browser with this patch builds and runs properly for me on the
latest snapshot for amd64.  Thanks :)

Hint for others trying to build:
The port testing guide recommends copying ports from the ports tree into
mystuff/ and building from there when applying a diff.  I copied
meta/tor-browser and www/tor-browser into mystuff/ and was able to build
everything in mystuff/www/tor-browser.  However, when I tried to build
mystuff/meta/tor-browser, the make recipe failed and threw an error
about its dependencies (everything in www/tor-browser) being out of
date.  Presumably this is because the recipe checks www/ and not
mystuff/www/.

Once I applied this diff to the actual ports tree and tried building
meta/tor-browser (instead of mystuff/meta/tor-browser), it built
successfully.  Hope this helps.