On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 04:56:54PM +0100, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering why the git port/package was missing the git-prompt.sh
> and the completion files for bash, tcsh and zsh.

Please do not install the zsh completion file. zsh includes a better
completer by default. The one in git's tree seems to be a shim to let
zsh use the bash completer which isn't as detailed.

I have no opinion on the completion files for other shells. It may be
nice to have a standardized place for bash completions, but I'll leave
that to people who use the shell.

- Matthew Martin