On 2020/03/13 12:25, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> I *think* I've seen an EPOCH change where a bump was needed for
> consumers, but I have no idea which change and why.  Anyway make
> repackage works fine in py-msgpack consumers, that's enough for me to
> say that a bump is not needed (of course that needs PLIST_DB).

This should only be needed if there is a version number in a
dependency port and that has to change.

> >  # requirements/base.txt
> >  RUN_DEPENDS =              devel/py-futures \
> > -                   net/py-msgpack \
> > +                   net/py-msgpack<=0.6.2v0 \
>
> This should be net/py-msgpack>=0.6.2v0 instead, 0.6.2v0 > 1.0.0.
> With this fixed, ok jca@

Depends on the purpose of the RUN_DEPENDS line... if it's to act as a
hint to future porters that py-msgpack can't be updated with this version
of salt, then bket's version makes a lot of sense. Or it could cover both
min and max versions with something like >=0.6.2v0,<1.0.0v0 (warning I have
not tested that :)