On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 08:11:09AM +0200, Martin Reindl wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 04:51:38PM +0200, Martin Reindl wrote:

> > > my 2p: setting the directory 750 is a pain for tab completion,
> > > so if this is changed I think it would be better to set permissions on
> > > the sensitive files only.
> > >

> > I agree with Stuart here. So with my previous diff, it should be enough
> > to move the config.ini line to the end of the PLIST.
>
> Like this, OK?

Im not sure this will achieve what you want..

>  share/examples/grafana/sample.ini
> -@sample ${SYSCONFDIR}/grafana/config.ini

<snip>

>  @group _grafana
>  @sample /var/grafana/
>  @sample /var/log/grafana/
> +@sample ${SYSCONFDIR}/grafana/config.ini

from my experience and understanding, @sample works in conjunction with
the previous entry for files:

     @sample filename
             Last preceding @file item is a sample configuration file, to be
             copied to filename at pkg_add(1) time and to be removed at
             pkg_delete(1) time.

adding the @sample at the end of PLIST, i dunno what it will refer to,
but surely not share/examples/grafana/sample.ini

so if you want the change perms/ownership on the sample.ini file, i
think you need something like

share/examples/grafana/sample.ini
@mode 0640
@owner _grafana