Christian Weisgerber - Thu, 19 March 2020 at 22:38:30
> Make use of "find -exec {} +" (which is POSIX) and "find -delete"
> (which is not) throughout the ports Makefiles.
>
> Specifically:
>
> * Replace find|xargs with find -exec {} +
>   find|xargs is an outdated construct.  The -exec {} + invocation
>   automatically avoids a number of corner cases (see xargs -0, -r).

i am late to this party too, but recently i did some research exactly
about the performance of xargs vs -exec vs -execdir and xargs is by far
the fatest on every platform except openbsd (i imagine becasue process
creation is heavier)

https://stackoverflow.com/a/60177893/4377759

(it was not testing -delete though)

>   Also, since the exit status of the left-hand side of a pipe is
>   ignored, find|xargs hides some problem.

it seems to me that `set -o pipefail` is becoming a thing in most shells
except openbsd's ksh...  this is breaking the default command in fzf
(in another thread on this mailing list).

-f