On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 07:47:39PM +0200, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> Le Tue, 28 Apr 2020 19:23:31 +0200,
> Klemens Nanni <k...@openbsd.org> a écrit :
>
> > Searching does not show any results but only a long URL where results
> > are supposed to be.
> >
> > Back when it worked for me (months, if not years ago), minitube would
> > often crash due to W^X violations.
> >
> > Does it work for anyone?
> > If not, does anyone have a fix?
> >
> > Upstream has no newer release.
> >
> > Unless someone speaks up, I'd like to remove the port altogether.
> > Or at the very least, it should be marked BROKEN for 6.7.
> >

> It worked a few months ago for me, but now it only display an url when
> I make a search.
>
> We have version 3.3 in ports and the "blog" with releases log stopped
> at 3.2 in september 2019 https://flavio.tordini.org/on/minitube
>
> I'm ok to mark it broken now, this leave some time if someone or
> upstream want to fix it.

Minitube was cool back when it gave us youtube support that didn't exist
in the web browser. And then it was still cool with browsers being fairly
big and video not always that fast.

These days, we have reasonable videos for most people and the browser,
and mpv automatically couples youtube-dl with video playing...

I'm not sure what purpose minitube still has.