Hi,

SameBoy is a SDL-based Nintendo Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulator.
SameBoy is extremely accurate and includes a wide range of powerful
debugging features, making it ideal for both casual players and developers.
In addition to accuracy and developer capabilities, SameBoy has all the
features one would expect from an emulator, from save states to scaling
filters.

libretro-sameboy provides a Nintendo Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulation
core to the RetroArch emulator frontend, based on SameBoy.

SameBoy is to my knowledge the most accurate Game Boy emulator
in existence. It is certainly more accurate than Gambatte, the
most accurate emulator in our tree. And unlike Gambatte, SameBoy
is actively maintained.

For general usage I still usually recommend mgba, as it is quite
accurate (more than enough for people just playing games) and has a
fairly strong pledge on OpenBSD. But SameBoy is an important emulator
for anyone doing Game Boy development.

I previously submitted this about a year ago. At the time I mentioned
issues with audio speed, but I can no longer reproduce those problems.
In addition, upstream has integrated my portability patches.

ok?

--
Anthony J. Bentley