> Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 8:43 AM
> From: "Kirill Bychkov" <ki...@linklevel.net>
> To: "Alex Free" <ale...@mail.com>
> Cc: "Charlene Wendling" <juliana...@posteo.jp>, "Landry Breuil"
> <lan...@openbsd.org>, ports@openbsd.org, abie...@openbsd.org

I’m jealous of all of you with OpenGL 2.0 cards... How’s the
performance, what kind of FPS have you been seeing?

Fullscreen is actually not broken at all on Radeon 9200 using the
opengl1 renderer. FVWM will not do proper fullscreen no matter what I
try, and that is my main window manager, hence my initial thoughts.

However I have found a way to use real fullscreen with Window Maker.

For fullscreen to work on this card, the current resolution has to match
the one set in the Quake 3 config. The 9200 32MB can not do
1024x768 at an acceptable frame rate, but I can use 640x480 by
executing xrandr -s 640x480 and then ioquake3 (with 640x480 in
config).

Thank you all for testing and helping in the process. What’s
the next step to get this into ports? Everything works as expected,
some graphics cards just need a few tweaks in the config file that
should be documented.