>> On Aug 18, 2020, at 1:12 PM, Brad Smith <b...@comstyle.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 03:58:12AM -0400, Brad Smith wrote:
>> Here is a start at an update to GCC 8.4.0.
>> I e-mailed Pascal 10 days ago but no response.
>
> Added the version bump for LLVM.
>
> Has been run through a bulk build on sparc64 without issue.

Hi Brad,

If we’re going to go through the effort of retesting gcc — and I think it’s
probably better to do bulks on many platforms, not just one — then why not go
to gcc9 or gcc10 instead? I have a port for gcc9 if there’s interest.

Secondly, any reason adastraps are not regenerated as part of the proposal? One
nice thing to try to solve for might be to make adastrap builds reproducible. I
think there are 4 files that have timestamps updated with every build. If that
can be fixed, think there’s a good change to make build a bit more reproducible.

Finally, I thought I saw some message in dmesg on about invalid syscalls or
something like that on my end. Do you see the same? I will have to dig through
my logs to find the message. Wondering what the cause is. I think it’s with
every version of gcc I’ve looked at recently (ie 8.x and 9.x series).