On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 02:30:40PM -0500, Chris Bennett wrote:
> I have not fully checked this over, but it is a dependency for the
> p5-Locale-CLDR group.
>
> I have questions about the CPAN examples.
> This way (not necessarily the right way), produces the Perl scripts as
> executables, but adds more to the Makefile. Does this really matter?
> I can also simplify this, but then the Perl scripts are not executable.
> I'm a little unsure about how CPAN_EXAMPLES ought to be done, as I see a
> bunch of different methods in existing ports.

I believe if you set MODCPAN_EXAMPLES=Yes and get rid of
MODCPAN_EXAMPLES_DIR_HOOKS and the post-install target, it looks like
that should Just Work (and make update-plist agrees with me).  I don't
think that the examples should be executable as they are more for
looking at than for actually running.  Plus, they don't have #! lines so
they wouldn't run anyway.

You don't need RELEASE_TESTING='' because the MAKE_ENV is cleared so
nothing leaks.

I'm unsure about the ellipsis in the COMMENT, but that's what upstream
has, so I guess.

I personally don't like so much whitespace and prefer PKG_ARCH to be
near MODULES.  I think it would look better more like this.

--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

I think I understand, but my stubborn brain refuses to admit it
until I beat it into submission by proof upon proof.
                      -- Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1...@gmail.com>