On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 04:09:39PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:42:04PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:25:22PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > upstream thunderbird is tentatively enabling the openpgp integration in
> > > the upcoming 78.2.1 release, which is the only change compared to
> > > 78.2.0:
> > > https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/78.2.0/releasenotes/
> >
> > Should have checked before sending, as it's now released:
> >
> > https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/78.2.1/releasenotes/
>
> A bit sad to see i got zero feedback on this. Upstream plans a 78.2.2 in
> the coming days with some fixes, and there's also a post about openpgp
> integration here:
> https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/09/openpgp-in-thunderbird-78/
> which links to an extensive support doc:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/openpgp-thunderbird-howto-and-faq
>
> I plan to upgrade the thunderbird port soon, as i want proper testing
> for the upcoming 6.8 release. So enigmail/openpgp aficionados should
> really test this.. and other thunderbird users too :)

After some digging and help from Nam N'Guyen, the openpgp crash that
happened when revoking/generated keys is fixed, and my repository has a
fixed 78.3.0rc1 package. Once this one is released upstream, i will
update the mail/mozilla-thunderbird port.

PKG_PATH=https://packages.rhaalovely.net/%m:installpath pkg_add
thunderbird will install it, or build the port from the release branch
of my port repo.

openpgp/enigmail users should really read
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/openpgp-thunderbird-howto-and-faq
which answers tons of questions. I also plan to update the enigmail port
to 2.2 for 6.8 so that it provides a proper upgrade paths for 6.7
enigmail users, but that will probably be totally untested.

Landry