I'm reporting a slight hiccup upgrading from 6.7 to snapshot. This might
count as my own fault, but reporting it in case it's something that's
supposed to run smoothly. (I was able to recover; no help needed.)

I upgraded from 6.7 to a snapshot (with sysupgrade -s), then ran
"doas pkg_add -u", and got this:

Collision in python-3.8.6: the following files already exist
        /usr/local/bin/2to3 from python-3.8.6
        /usr/local/bin/pydoc3 from python-3.8.6
        /usr/local/bin/python3 from python-3.8.6
        /usr/local/bin/python3-config from python-3.8.6
        /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/python3.pc from python-3.8.6
It seems to be a missing package registration
Repair ? [y/N/a] ?
Ambiguous answer
It seems to be a missing package registration
Repair ? [y/N/a] y
Ustar
[https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.8/packages/amd64/python-3.8.6.tgz][lib/libpython3.8.so.0.0]:
 Premature end of archive
Adjusting sha for /usr/local/lib/pkg.0H7b8bHGiO from
sp85EwWmgTielXKJTS0/ZTfeC2ORQs+SBW7GJ5jxJBM= to
47DEQpj8HBSa+/TImW+5JCeuQeRkm5NMpJWZG3hSuFU=
Read shared items: ok
pkg_add: Installation of python-3.8.6 failed, partial installation recorded as
partial-python-3.8.6

The files listed were symlinks to Python 3.7 versions of the files. I
have a vague recollection of running some officially-sanctioned tool to
set up those symlinks, but I might be misremembering.

Is this error expected, or should the upgrade process be smart enough to
sort this out? I have a backup from before the upgrade if anyone wants
more information.

After this, pkg_delete partial-python; pkg_add python3; pkg_add -u
completed the upgrade without trouble (though I haven't tested anything).

--
James