On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 10:06:34AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> What is the actual port you are trying to build, is it something where
> it might be possible to remove qt5 from the chain instead of fixing
> qt5 build?

===> poppler-20.09.0 depends on: qttools-*

In print/poppler/Makefile you have

NOT_FOR_ARCHS-qt5 = arm

But there is no condition to this

MODULES+=       x11/qt5

so qttools is pulled in.

But I'm here, lets take a look, qt is popular and it could fix a
lot of packages, QtWebkit|QtWebengine could be useful in a machine
with more ram... etc.

> I am asking because bulk builds on armv7 already take about 40 days - it
> is pretty much pointless building snapshot packages on an architecture
> with that kind of latency (OpenBSD library ABI is not really stable
> so you will be lucky to get packages that work with a given snapshot
> unless you save snaps from before each library bump).
>
> Fixing things to enable qt5 will make this situation even worse. Even if
> you don't care about snapshots, this would further delay packages being
> available after "base release" of a new OS version.

You don't have a way to blacklist ports in the bulk build system?

Just for curiosity, what machine are you using to build the armv7
packages?

adr.