At 2:40 AM -0500  on 1/23/99, Budrocket wrote:

>>Danny Barnes' profile has nothing to do with the point that a label's
>>completely unnecessary to disseminate your music on CD anymore.
>
>Sure  it does.  How do you think he was able to book said mini-tour, &
>got  those folks to come out to his gigs & buy those CDs in the first
>place?  Why, NAME RECOGNITION, not to mention a little extra
>investment  capital.  Sure, anyone who can afford to buy, rent, or
>borrow a burner can  disseminate their music on CD.  You can give 'em
>away, leave a pile on the  counter at the 7-11, or next to the
>cigarette machine at your local club.   Doesn't mean you can get
>anyone to shell out the bucks though, and you cannot  force people to
>care.

You're missing my point, Buddy. If you're getting 100 people at your
gigs, you've got 100 people who care. You don't need to force them.
Your other points are relevant in that they make it *easier* for
someone at Barnes' level to sell out of 100 copies that much more
quickly, but that's about it.

Bob