><<
> Don't know if this came up last week, but I just heard on the radio that
> Weiss is the inspiration behind Rickie Lee Jones "Chuck E.'s in Love."
>  >>

>And it's a bit of info that Chuck's often considered an albatross. Hopefully
>this new album will redefine how folks think of him. It is quite a good,
>rollicking time. Twang content: his backing band at last week's schmoozy Viper
>Room record release party included Tony Gilkyson and Don Heffington. Weiss
>calls Gilkyson, the best guitarist he's ever played with.
>
>Neal Weiss

Here's some synchronicity - a year or so ago I was in LA with a punkish
band called the Adults and we opened for Chuck E Weiss at a joint called
the Garage.  About twenty people showed up and 18 of 'em left when the
Adults were done.  The reason I was thinking about this today before I
check my mail was that I was telling Tony Gilkison's sister Eliza about
meeting him that night and what a phenomenal player he was.