Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 26-Jan-99 Old 97's by "Mike
Hays"@MikeHays.Rea
> A friend of mine who knows the boys quite well (he remembers them when =
> they were clean cut local boys up this way) said they are booked for =
> three movie tracks in the next couple of months and are doing quite well =
> by that....hmmm, maybe we all need to think - write for the movies!

Radio formats continuing to tighten, and video channels have pretty
narrow formats to begin with.  Getting a song on a hit soundtrack is one
of the better ways of getting mass exposure these days, and it behooves
any artist with the means and interest to get on one.

Speaking of the means, there aren't any anti-payloa statutes in the film
industry.  I'll bet there are some pretty interesting business
transactions going on in Los Angeles these days.

swimming with sharks,
Carl Z.

P.S. How many soundtrack albums are in the Billboard Top 200 chart?
More to the point, how many soundtrack albums have TOPPED that chart in
the past two years?

P.P.S. Anyone have data on how many records he sold before and after
David Lynch used "Wicked Game"?  I'd bet he'd no longer be on a major
label if not for that choice soundtrack placement.