smitten Matt Benz wrote:

>         I did finally get Sara Evan's 3 Chords & The Truth, and tho I
> can't seem to get past staring at the cover (goodnight, Alice, but she's
> good lookin!), the music inside is pretty damn good all the way around.
> What's the word on the latest of hers? I'm sure it's been discussed,
> but......
>
>         Behind the curve,
>
>         Matt

She *is* a nice lookin' (Missouri) gal Matt, though the artwork does
emphasize the positives and gloss over the negatives.
Anyhow,  I've been wondering about her most recent release as well. ND's
Grant Alden gave it a two sentence treatment in his "review", reminicent of
Peter Blackstock's review of Jim Lauderdale's PERSIMMONS, which summarized,
went, "I don't see why so many friends of mine like this guy- I don't get
it, and I don't get this record." I don't remember much talk about the new
Sara Evans here, other than general talk about how the production seemed to
take a more "mainstream" (HNC?) approach. I'd be interested in more details
as well...

b.s.
n.p. Hank's 40- Disc 2