Kelly asked:

 what knocked me out flat was Johnnie Johnson's spare
>and oh-so-tasty foil to Phoebe Snow.  Phoebe left me pretty cold.  Who can
>tell me more about Johnnie Johnson?

Already am experienced Midwest keyboard man (St. Louis or Kansas City
originally, I think) when he met Chuck Berry--this was the guy who played
piano on the likes of Roll Over Beethoven,  Maybelline. Thirty Days,
Brown-Eyed Handsome Man,  Too mUch Monkey Business,  Memphis,  Almost
Grown.,  Little Queenie and  Carol...It's widely accepted  that his piano
licks had significant influence on Berry guitar lick and therefore on all
of rock and roll (with apologies to Louis Jordan and T-Bone Walker, who
Berry knew just as well).

Barry