Playlist for Progressive Torch and Twang
Tuesdays, 8 p.m. to midnight
WDBM, 88.9 FM, G-4 Holden Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824
Your hosts: Doug Neal and Jamie DePolo
Questions, comments?  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Roots rockin', hip-shakin', soul-swayin' music!"

Playlist for January 26, 1998

Tonight we featured the fabulous new CD from Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky
Thunder, "Ancient Tones". We were also vistited in-studio by two members
(Drew Howard and Johnny Carleton) of the Lansing twang outfit The Weepers.
Drew and Johnny brought in some final mixes from their new CD, which will
be out later this year.  Yet another addition to the Mid-Michigan roots
music scene!

Format is:
Artist - Song
Album/Label

Link Wray - Rawhide (T&T Theme Song)
Walkin' With Link/Epic-Legacy

Tom T. Hall - Who's Gonna Feed Them Hogs
The Essential Tom T. Hall: Story Songs/Mercury

Tom T. Hall - It Sure Can Get Cold in Des Moines
The Essential Tom T. Hall: Story Songs/Mercury

R.B. Morris - Don't Forget the Coffee Billy Joe
Real: The Tom T. Hall Project/Sire

Joe Henry - I Flew Over Our House Last Night
Kindness of the World/Mammoth

Dave Alvin - Blue Blvd.
Blue Blvd/Hightone

Steve Young - Shopping for Dresses
Tulare Dust/Hightone

Tom Russell - Out in California
The Rose of San Joaquin/Hightone

Shaver - Look for Me When You See Me Comin'
Highway of Life/Justice

Dale Watson - Cowboy Lloyd Cross
Blessed or Damned/Hightone

Michelle Shocked - Prodigal Daughter
Arkansas Traveller/Mercury

Freakwater - Dark as a Dungeon
Dancing Under Water/Thrill Jockey

Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage
Unchained/American Recordings

Texas Tornados - Is Anybody Goin' To San Antoine
Zone of Our Own/Reprise

Stephen Yerkey - Where Cash Is King
Confidence Man/Hey Day

Sally Timms - Tennessee Waltz
Cowboy Sally/Bloodshot

Hazeldine - A Song For You
Orphans/All Swoll

The Weepers - Buried in My Chest
Demos

The Weepers - Where in the Hell
Demos

The Weepers - Rays
Demos

The Weepers - Trouble
Demos

The Weepers - Whining
Demos

The Weepers - Indian Killed the Woodcock
Demos

Ray Price - The Twenty Fourth Hour (request)
Nightlife/Koch

Wynn Stewart - Wishful Thinking
Heroes of Country Music/Rhino

Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys - Brain Cloudy Blues
Columbia Country Classic, Vol. 2/Columbia

Buddy Emmons - Danny Boy (request)
The Black Album/Emmons Guitar, Co.

Willie Nelson w/Tracy Nelson - After the Fire is Gone (request)
A Classic & Unreleased Collection/Rhino

Willie Nelson - Bloody Mary Morning/Take Me Back to Tulsa (Live at the
Texas Opry House)
A Classic & Unreleased Collection/Rhino

The Gigantics - It's a Lie
Demos

Celtic Offspring - Speed the Plow
Hollow the Road/self-released

Talitha MacKenzie - Ajde Juno
Celtic Voices/Green Linnet

Altan - Si Do Mhaimeo I
Celtic Voices/Green Linnet

Karen Matheson - Rithill Aill
Celtic Voices/Green Linnet

Wanda Degan - The Valley of Abundance
The Valley of Abundance/self-released

The Freight Hoppers - Fall on my Knees
Waiting on the Gravy Train/Rounder

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Walls of Time
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Mighty Dark to Travel
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Carolina Mountain Home
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Coal Minin' Man
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - I Believed in You Darlin'
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Pig in a Pen
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - How Mountain Girls Can Love
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Boston Boy
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

The Stanley Brothers - Rollin' on Rubber Wheels (request)
16 Greatest Truck Driver Hits/Deluxe

The Del McCoury Band - White House Blues
GrooveGrass Boyz/GrooveGrass Recordings

Jimmy Martin & The Sunny Mountain Boys - Sophronie
You Don't Know My Mind/Rounder

Reno & Smiley & The Tennessee Cut-ups - Cumberland Gap
1951-59/King

J.D. Crowe & The New South - Come Back Sweetheart
Come on Down to My World/Rounder

Bill Monroe & His Blue Grass Boys - Y'all Come
Music of... 1952-59/Decca-MCA

Allison Krauss & Union Station - Pain of a Troubled Life
So Long, So Wrong/Rounder

Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - The Glory-Land
Kept & Protected/Sugar Hill

Bottle Rockets - Coffee Monkey (request)
Leftovers/Doolittle

Bill Kirchen - Fool on a Stool
Tombstone Every Mile/Black Top

Loretta Lynn - Mr. & Mrs. Used to Be
Country Music Hall of Fame/MCA

Loretta Lynn - I'm a Honky Tonk Girl
Country Music Hall of Fame/MCA

Dwight Yoakam - The Distance Between You & Me (request)
If There Was A Way/Reprise

The Derailers - My Heart's Ready
Jackpot/Watermelon

Robbie Fulks - Rock Bottom, Pop. 1 (request)
Country Love Songs/Bloodshot

Robbie Fulks - I Told Her Lies (request)
South Mouth/Bloodshot

The Riptones - I Can't & I Won't
Cowboy's Inn/Bloodshot

Hadacol - Big Tornado