In a message dated 2/2/99 12:45:46 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<
 You're probably right, though, about the reason why it'd get called
 that--pianos instead of guitars, so of course it MUST be mellow. Oh
 brother...  --dc >>

It's not just the pianos.  There's a whole LOT of production stuff it seems to
me after a cursory pass with my mind dagnabbitly on too many other things
right now.  On the whole, it's noisier I think, and that doesn't strike me as
mellow.  It's sort of deconstructed symphonic 70s pop overlaid on some songs
which, as has often struck me about Tweedy songs, you could instrumentate (oh,
you know what I mean) just about any way you want.  Actually, that's one of
the fun things about hearing him sing them solo.

Linda