Yep -- we use a lot of cables and wahrs here in DC, too

on Twangthang.com
y'know, after i registered the domain name (twangthang) i thought -- gee
i hope that no one gets mad at me -- but i couldn't resist, and, besides,
we've been bantering about the  twangthang in DC for years  (Bill
Kirchen's twangabilly) -- as well as the newer "it's a twang thang you
wouldn't understand" -- so it just came naturally -- but please forgive me
if anyone feel the slightest bit encroached, and that includes jeff's
twangzine and any other twangs out there. As far as I'm concerned,
though, it's a fair focus and a good moniker for whatever holds
"alt-country" or "alt.country" or whatever-it-is together.

I also first thought: well maybe there are too many people out there doing
the "alt-country" ezine thang  -- but I don't think we can have enough
folks proselytizing on the internet -- and I KNOW that the folks in my part
of the world playing this kind of music -- some who have been doing it
for more than 20-odd years -- need some deserved attention net-wise,
and that's my slant.

And besides, it gives the music writers among us yet another venuu
(email me!)

dq