Another sad sort of a program today, paying tribute to David McComb
who passed away two days ago, a week before his 37th birthday. I
didn’t know David very well, but admired him from afar, and remember
how much his music meant to me, especially his early work with the
Triffids, which was the soundtrack to a good part of my adolescent
angst. This summer is going to go down in history as a tragic time for
the Melbourne music community – too many talented people leaving us,
too soon.

It was a joy to have Lisa Miller perform live in the studio. Without a
doubt one of Australia’s greatest singer-songwriters, why she isn’t as
famous and well-loved as, say, Paul Kelly is completely beyond me.

Honky Tonk Confidential – Hall of Old Flames (Honky Tonk Confidential)
Cisco – Hard Times Again (Wishing You Well from the Pink Motel)
Countrypolitans – Instant Love (Tired of Drowning)
The Riptones – Til the Bottom Drops Out (Cowboy’s Inn)

Little Sue – In the Morning (Crow)
Citizens Utilities – Coffee to Beer (Sunbreak)
Whiskeytown – Take Your Guns to Town (Rural Free Delivery)

Cigar Store Indians – Fast Lane (El Baile de la Cobra)
Hot Rod Lincoln – Border Radio (Blastered)
Dave Alvin & Peter Case – Swinging Doors (Tulare Dust Tour, Austin 1995)

Rock n Roll Summer Camp – Not So Far Away (Rock n Roll Summer Camp)
Marah – Boat (Let’s Cut the Crap…)
Noah Saterstrom – Skillet (Thistle)
Jim Roll – Another Lover (Ready to Hang)
Lucinda Williams – Something About What Happens When We Talk (live)

-live in studio-
Lisa Miller – Big Star
        “       - Trade
        “       - As Far as a Life Goes

-tribute to Dave McComb-
The Triffids – Red Pony (Treeless Plain)
        “       - In the Pines (In the Pines)
David McComb & Rebecca Barnard – When I First Met You (More of Her)
The Triffids – My Baby Thinks She’s a Train (Treeless Plain)

Wilco – She’s a Jar (Summer Teeth)
Scud Mountain Boys – Blood and Bones (Dance the Night Away)
Jim White – A Perfect Day to Chase Tornadoes (Wrong-Eyed Jesus)

Warren Pash – Forbidden Fruit (Parts Unknown)
Richard Buckner – Song of 27 (live at Schuba’s, Chicago, 1.29.96)
Gringo – How Mountain Girls Can Love (Combine)

==
"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about
it."