> ----------
> From:         George L. Figgs[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent:         Thursday, February 04, 1999 12:18 PM
> To:   passenger side
> Subject:      New Cesar Rosas
>

> anybody have two cents on this?
>
> -george

I'm not sure this opinion is worth even two cents, since I just bought the
CD on Tuesday (the release date) and haven't had time to listen all the way
through yet, but here goes:

Most of the songs are written or co-written by Rosas, with the exception of
"You've Got to Lose" which I think is an Ike & Tina Turner song, and "Adios
mi Vida", which is credited to Ortiz (don't know who that is).  There's a
lot of funky, R&B sounding stuff as well as the blues-influenced rock that
Rosas has contributed to Los Lobos all along and a couple of
traditional-sounding Tex-Mex polka things with accordian by Flaco Jimenez.
IMO the songs are much stronger and more melodic than the jam-oriented style
that Los Lobos have had in recent concerts and on their last band album
"Colossal Head."  Again, this is just a first impression, but I think I'm
going to like it a lot.