Howdy,

Well, I'm so late getting this posted it's almost time for the next show...

Nonetheless, in the spirit of sharing such information, here's what I played
last week on a Tennessee Saturday Night.

The show itself, because of my mood didn't have quite the traditional feel
that it usually has. (It could be that I was quite literally randomly
pulling discs from the shelves at times.) I intend for things to get back on
track this weekend.

In the meantime amuse yourself by following along in this week's playlist.
This week's challenge: find the DJs restroom break...

(Contact information, etc., follows the playlist)

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #19 -- 7 PM to 10 PM
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- January 30, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley with the Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
So Far So Good -- Fox Family -- When It Comes to Blues -- Sierra
Applejack -- Dolly Parton -- Heartsongs -- Blue Eye

Truck Driving Man -- Jimmy Martin -- Truckin' On -- Starday
The Call of the Honky Tonk -- Carl Jackson & John Starling -- Spring
Training -- Sugar Hill
Crying, Waiting, Hoping -- Marty Stuart & Steve Earle -- Not Fade Away --
Decca
Pauline -- Kevin Gordon -- Cadillac Jack's #1 Son -- Shanachie

All for the Love of a Girl -- Johnny Horton -- America Remembers Johnny
Horton -- TeeVee
Give Back My Heart -- Lyle Lovett -- Pontiac -- MCA/Curb
D-18 Song -- Norman Blake and Tony Rice -- Norman Blake and Tony Rice 2 --
Sugar Hill

I Was the One -- Elvis Presley -- Elvis 56 -- RCA
Mean Eyed Cat -- Johnny Cash -- Unchained -- American
Duncan and Brady -- Johnson Mountain Boys -- Hills of Home -- Rounder

Past the Point of Rescue -- Gary Ferguson -- I'm Really Leaving -- Webco
The Ballad of Thunder Road -- R.B. Morris -- Take That Ride -- Oh Boy
Six Days on the Road -- Steve Earle -- Ain't Ever Satisfied -- Hip-O
Our Town -- Iris DeMent -- The Folkscene Collection -- Red House

He Don't Care About Me -- Kelly Willis -- Uprooted -- Shanachie
Drunkard's Blues -- Pine Valley Cosmonauts w/Kelly Hogan -- Salutes the
Majesty of Bob Wills -- Bloodshot
I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine -- The Brother Boys -- Presley's
Grocery -- Sugar Hill

The Way I Am -- Greta Lee -- This Ain't Over Yet
Sixty Acres -- James McMurtry -- It Had to Happen -- Sugar Hill
Train on the Island -- Stephen Wade -- Dancing in the Parlor -- County
Dixie Hoedown -- Richard Bennett -- A Long Lonesome Time -- Rebel (1/30@Down
Home)
Boll Weevil/Tuttle's Reel -- Mike Cross -- High Powered, Low Flying -- Sugar
Hill

Your Cheatin' Heart -- Hank Williams -- 24 of Hank Williams' Greatest
Hits -- Mercury
Knoxville Girl -- Jimmy Martin -- Me 'n Ole Pete -- Hollywood
Big Hoedown -- Tom, Brad & Alice -- Been There Still -- Copper Creek

Who'll Stop the Rain -- One Riot One Ranger -- Side Tracks -- Hayden's Ferry
(2/11@Bird's Eye View)
Pigeon Roost -- Bluegrass Reunion -- Bluegrass Reunion -- Acoustic Disc
Working on a Building -- Johnson Mountain Boys -- Bluegrass Spirit --
Easydisc

Sick, Sober & Sorry -- Johnny Bond -- Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 --
Rhino
The Wild Side of Life -- Hank Thompson and His Brazos Valley Boys -- Heroes
of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
Baby, I'm Ready -- The Tunesmiths -- Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 --
Rhino
Car Hoppin' Mama -- Hawkshaw Hawkins -- Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 --
Rhino

Let's Don't and Say We Did -- Vern Gosdin -- The Voice -- BTM
Southern Rain -- Cowboy Junkies -- Essential Junk -- RCA
Can't Get There from Here -- Jerry Douglas and Peter Rowan -- Yonder --
Sugar Hill
Aragon Mill -- Dry Branch Fire Squad -- Live! at Last -- Rounder

Smoky Mountain Memories -- Dolly Parton -- Heartsongs -- Blue Eye
When There's No One Around -- Tim O'Brien -- When There's No One Around --
Sugar Hill
I'll Take the Blame -- The Stanley Brothers -- The Early Starday/King
Years -- Highland

Teach Me About Love -- Lyle Lovett -- Step Inside This House -- Curb/MCA
Jug Band Music -- Lucinda Williams -- Ramblin' -- Smithsonian Folkways
Foggy Mountain Breakdown -- J.D. Crowe & the New South -- Live in Japan --
Rounder
Mary Danced with Soldiers -- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band -- Will the Circle Be
Unbroken II -- Universal

Let the Mystery Be -- Iris DeMent -- Infamous Angel -- Warner Brothers
Rise and Shine -- Kristi Rose & the Handsome Strangers -- Nashville: The
Other Side of the Alley -- Bloodshot
Sheik of Araby -- Cluster Pluckers -- Just Pluck It -- CPR

I Am a Town -- Mary Chapin Carpenter -- Live at the Iron Horse -- Signature
Sounds
Welfare Music -- Bottle Rockets -- The Brooklyn Side -- TAG
Sad, Sad Music -- Dwight Yoakum -- If There Was a Way -- Warner Brothers

Country Gentleman -- Chet Atkins -- Classic Country Music: A Smithsonian
Collection, Vol. 2 -- RCA
Highway 52 -- Dave Evans & Riverbend -- The Vetco Sessions -- Vetco

And that's the end of a Tennessee Saturday Night for another week.

Submissions for airplay consideration, comments, valentines, naughty
polaroids, and help with the rent check can be sent to:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NP: The Countrypolitans, Tired of Drowning (This is a good 'un...)