At tonight's Lucinda Williams concert in Des Moines, Lucinda commented
several times about someone putting this on the Internet, so here goes:

Lucinda made a plea to Gurf to put aside all the hard feelings and talk to
her.  She said, "Be sure to say that I love Gurf, because I do, and that
love conquers all."  She said that she spent three hours today on the phone
to Austin, trying to get through to Gurf, and that she was very stressed
today because of Donald Lindley's death and not being able to talk to Gurf.

So if any of you Austin or industry folks have contact with Gurf, would you
pass that along?  She seemed very serious-- and very sincere-- in wanting
to get through to Gurf.

(And it was a great show, too; just a couple minutes under two hours in a
1400-seat hall with great acoustics.  There were fliers posted for upcoming
shows by Steve Earle and Lyle Lovett-- if you want to see these guys in a
great little hall, it would be well worth a long drive and/or overnight
stay. . . )

Larry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"For once, maybe someone will call me 'Sir' without adding 'you're making
 a spectacle of yourself.'"                       -Homer Simpson, The Simpsons