Posting from a week behind...

I thought Dar Williams did a good job on Eaglesmith's Wilder Than Her solo, so
what's the beef? Of course, she was playing to a predominately lesbian
audience that night I saw her...
The song is included as a live duet with Eaglesmith on a Razor & Tie EP Dar
sells at shows.

And while I see no Pa. acts in the gotta-be-too-short SXSW list posted, (no
Marah! damn!) I'm glad to see Canada's Tom Wilson (of Junkhouse) in the
lineup. I saw Tom's solo alter ego, Lee Harvey Osmond, in Toronto last year.
He was great but Ron Hawkins blew him away an hour or two later in the same
room.

Played my one and only Buddy Miller cut this morning, off a Hightone sampler,
after reading his profile in the ND book. Saw him backing up Emmylou (& Sarah
McFarland) on the Lilith Fair stage last summer.

Dan

NP: Kelly Willis -- What I Deserve (out Feb. 23 in US, Feb. 22 in UK -- I'm
not behind on *everything, y'know. Saw her do some of these songs last summer.
No real departure, just pure Kelly -- good co-writes with Gary Louris and John
Leventhal, and her always-tasteful choice of covers: Paul Kelly, Nick Drake,
Paul Westerberg... plus 2 by Bruce Robison and a Dan Penn/Chuck Prophet song,
how cool is that? I may just be reiterating info that may have already been in
Billboard or Ice... but I like it, lots.)

Just got the new Black Crowes.... and a Miles of Music catalog!
Now looking for: Chris Knight demos, Jim Cuddy, Chris Mills, Deke Dickerson
albums, and Golden Smog live ... all in the big game of catch-up. E me for my
trade list.