Last night's Wylie & The Wild West show at the Tractor was like most twang
shows in Seattle nowadays -- packed, with a line outside.  If any
Northwesterners are planning on going to the Golden Smog/Hazeldine show at
the Showbox on Saturday, I'd suggest getting a ticket ASAP.  And if you
haven't yet checked out Wylie live, you really oughta -- the man's gotta
golden voice and a rock-solid country band.  Wylie's a hell of an
entertainer, and he really knows his stuff -- his sublime version of Elton
Britt's "Cowpoke" last night silenced a packed club.  Last night's
Swingin' Doors featured the usual mix of new and old, and included a
tribute to the late Leon Pappy Selph:

Leon McAuliffe - Blue Man's Blues
Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys - I've Got A New Road Under My Wheels

Hadacol - Better Than This
Bare Jr. - Love-less
Steve Earle - Someday (request)
Fred Eaglesmith - Water In The Fuel (2/18 at the Tractor)

Kelly Willis - What World Are You Living In?
Johnny Paycheck - Motel Time Again (request)
Johnny Bush - What A Way To Live
Charley Pride - Just Between You and Me
Porter Wagoner - Banks Of The Ohio

J.D. Crowe and the New South - Back To The Barrooms
Jeff White - Old Plank Road
Here Today - Lonesome River
Red Allen - Beautiful Blue Eyes

Deke Dickerson - Feelin' Low (1/23 at the Tractor)
Hank Thompson - A Broken Heart and a Glass Of Beer
Jimmy Wakely - Walkin' The Sidewalks Of Shame
Lefty Frizzell - Shine, Shave, Shower (It's Saturday)
Glenn Owens - Don't Tell My Wife I'm Here

Blue Ridge Playboys - Swing Baby Swing
Blue Ridge Playboys - Gimme My Dime Back
Blue Ridge Playboys - Keep Your Nose Out Of Daddy's Business
Leon Pappy Selph & his Blue Ridge Playboys - Florene
Leon Pappy Selph & his Blue Ridge Playboys - Polecat Stomp

The Countrypolitans - Come Rollin' In
Golden Smog - Looking Forward To Seeing You (1/16 at the Showbox)
Beaver Nelson - Landed In The Mud
Lucinda Williams - Greenville (2/14 at the King Cat)

Marty Robbins - San Angelo
Wylie & the Wild West - Big Sky Lullaby (last night at the Tractor)
Eddy Arnold - Cattle Call
Slim Whitman - I'm Casting My Lasso In The Sky

Shaver - Mother Trucker (2/11 at the Tractor)
Derailers - Can't Stop A Train
Merle Haggard - California Cottonfields
Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time

Nashville Bluegrass Band - Backtrackin'
Bad Livers - I'm Goin' Back To Mom and Dad (2/13 at the Tractor)
Tom T. Hall - Turn It On, Turn It On, Turn It On
Roger Miller - Dang Me (request)
Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me

David Olney - JT's Escape
Bottle Rockets - Skip's Song
Hazeldine - Wild and Blue (1/16 at the Showbox w/ Golden Smog)
Dave Alvin - Kern River

Hot Club of Cowtown - Ida Red (2/4 at the Tractor)
Johnnie Lee Wills - Lazy John
Bob Skyles & his Sky Rockets - Jive and Smile
Hartman's Heartbreakers - Give It To Me Daddy

Norma Jean - Put Your Arms Around Her
Buck Owens - Act Naturally (request)
Loretta Lynn - A Man I Hardly Know (request)
Wynn Stewart - Playboy

Swingin' Doors can be heard Thursdays from 6-9pm on KCMU 90.3FM in
Seattle.  Email me if you have any questions about the music played.--don