Yesterday I went to Pedernales studio (Willie's place) with Mark Horn to
watch Floyd Domino play piano on the new Derailers record.   I couldn't
believe I was sitting two feet from Dave Alvin!  He was more than cool,
even asking my opinion on a piano lick.  I declined to offer one.  Tony and
Brian were very excited about the new recordings.  Engineered by Stuart
Sullivan, the stuff I heard was richly textured and gorgeous.

And everywhere - Willie Nelson's stuff. I peeked into his office and saw a
chess board with a game in progress and a pair of ratty tennis shoes next
to a chair!  I'm geeking out here, I know.  Oh did I mention the humongous
swimming pool?  And the spectacular view of the hill country and Lake
Travis from the cutting room?

I ain't ever leaving this town.