In a message dated 1/15/99 4:45:31 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< I noticed the Dave Mason "Alone Together" CD in the current Village Records
 catalog. If I remember correctly, my brother had this on colored vinyl
 which resembled (and this is really the only way I can think of to describe
 it) puke thrown into a blender. I wonder if somebody got the bright idea to
 have the CD look like this. If so, we're talking collector's item here<g>.

i believe they marketed it as "marbled vinyl."