Bing Crosby recorded over 1700 songs from 1926 to 1977 - everything from jazz to
Hawaiian, Christmas classics to cowboy tunes.  Crosby was the most popular recording
artist of the pre-rock era, 1890-1954, according to Joel Whitburn, author of "Pop
Memories: 1890-1954." During this era Bing charted more records (300+) and number one
hits than any other artist. Forty-two of Bing's singles and one album went to the top
of the charts during his career. One of these singles, Bing's 1942 recording of White
Christmas, topped the pop charts in three different years (1942, '45 and '47).

Many of his best recordings are still in print, especially his big hits (he had 23
gold records).  You have to pretty much decide which facet of Bing's career you want
to hear.  I own "My Favorite Hawaiian Songs", a budget reissue with many excellent
Hawaiian tunes (not the greatest sound quality though).    His early jazz recordings
are fascinating, even those with the Paul Whiteman Orchestra.  And of course we can't
forget his duet with David Bowie on "The Little Drummer Boy".

http://www.kcmetro.cc.mo.us/pennvalley/biology/lewis/crosby/bing.htm is one of the
best Bing sites out there. See his list of recommended recordings here:
http://www.kcmetro.cc.mo.us/pennvalley/biology/lewis/crosby/cds.htm